Monday, December 7, 2015

Embellished Ornaments for What Will You Stamp?

The Embellished Ornaments stamp set was the challenge set this week over at What Will You Stamp?  I didn't use the stamp set, but I did use the matching Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies to make a shaker card.  Stampin' Up!  outdid themselves with this combo.  The stamp set is fabulous and the dies are phenomenal.  Love Love Love!!!!

I found that using "fun foam" makes it so easy to create these shaker cards and it comes in a large array of colors.  I used white fun foam and cut a piece slightly smaller than the Whisper White Softly Falling embossed piece.  I placed both pieces on the Big Shot and cut both at the same time using the outline ornament thinlit.  I glued Window Sheet to the Whisper White embossed piece and then glued the fun foam on the back of that which made the well into which I put gold seed beads and gold sequins.  I then glued another small piece of Whisper White onto the back to seal in all the sparkly stuff.  Sounds a little complicated, but really it is so easy to do.  Just be sure your glue doesn't ooze over the edges of the well...you don't want all your beads sticking together.  Give it a try and let me know how yours turns out.   

So many beautiful cards, tags and scrapbook pages can be created with the Embellished Ornaments stamps and the Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies.  I can't wait to see the creations that are on the What Will You Stamp? Challenge Blog today.  I just know the Design Team will not disappoint.

I used the following products to make my shaker card:  
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00
Please contact me if you are looking for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I would love to help you with your stamping needs.

Thanks for stopping in today.  I'll see you again soon.

No comments: