Monday, August 8, 2016

Party With Cake for What Will You Stamp?

Welcome back to my blog and Week 76 of the What Will You Stamp? Challenge.


Did you ever have one of those projects that doesn't turn out quite like you envisioned it? This is that project.  I purchased Party With Cake as a bundle because I mainly wanted the Party Pop Up Thinlits and the stamp set does have some great sentiments so why not save and purchase the bundle.  Right?  

Turns out I couldn't figure out what to do with the stamp set alone so I combined it with Sweet Cupcake.  My vision was to make a birthday cake and have the candles in the icing. Easy enough right?  Not so much!!!   I used Versamark ink and one of the icing pieces from Sweet Cupcake to create the swirls in the icing of my cake.  The next step was to stamp the candles in Marina Mist, the flames in Crushed Curry, add a little Pumpkin Pie marker to the base of the flame and then cover the entire flame with Clear Wink of Stella.  Now comes the part where I insert the candles into the icing which was created with two diecut scalloped ovals.  Now add the "Make a Wish" sentiment in Marina Mist ink.  


Ta Da!!!  My card is now finished.  

Wait just a minute......step back and really look at this card.....

Susan....you just created a birthday taco!!!!!  Are you kidding me!!!  

Seriously, I made this card at a weekend retreat and showed it to everyone to get their opinions....which ranged from change the sentiment to "ARRIBA" or "FIESTA TIME" or "FELIZ CUMPLEANOS". 

I really wanted to scrap this card and start over, but everyone said it go ahead and post it anyway to show you that not every project turns out the way we plan.  This birthday taco is certainly not what I planned!!!   LOL  


See, this stamp set really does have some great sentiments.

I can't wait to see what the other members of the Design Team are sharing this week.  I just hope I didn't let them down on this one.  Let's head over to WWYS and check it out.

If you want to make your own birthday taco (haha) here are the products I used:


If you would like to purchase any of these products you can just click on the product photo and you will be directed to my Stampin' Up! store.  

If you don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and would like to receive a copy of the newest catalog, please don't hesitate to contact me.  I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demo.  I'm here to help.

Thanks so much for visiting with me again today and I hope you come back again soon.

No comments: