Thursday, August 25, 2011

Delicate Doilies

The Delicate Doilies and Hello Doily stamps remind me of the beautiful doilies that my mother used to crochet. She always used a really fine thread to make the doilies and the hook on the crochet hook was almost invisible. I honestly don't know how she did all that extremely fine work. I had a few of the small accent pieces she made, but when she died my cousin gave me a tablecloth mother had crocheted for her. Jeannie, I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am to have it and how much I appreciate you giving it to me.

Mother has been gone for a little over 9 years now and I miss her. We had our difficulties over the years but I loved her and I'll miss her until we meet again. For those of you who still have your mothers, appreciate them and show them you love them because they will be gone way too soon.

We made this card in class earlier this month at the Jacksonville Beach Senior Center and the ladies each made it their own by coloring the doilies in different manners. I chose Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade and Basic Black for the colors on this Delicate Doilies birthday card. The doilies were colored with Stampin' Write Markers and I used the new Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon. Although you can't see them in the photo, the doilies each have a rhinestone in the center.

Don't you just love the new Petite Pairs stamp set from the 2011/12 Idea Book & Catalog? I think this set really filled a void in the Stampin' Up! sentiment area. I just wish there was a small "get well" pair as well. Keeping my fingers crossed!

See you soon.

No comments: