Thursday, February 18, 2010

Trendy Trees

Today I am sharing a card made with Stampin' Up's Trendy Tree set. I sponged my background with Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke. The trees were colored with Stampin' Write Markers directly onto the stamp using Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip and then stamped on the sponged background.

Although I used Pumpkin Pie to color part of the tree, I used Apricot Appeal cardstock with Always Artichoke. I did this because when I applied glitter pen to the Pumpkin Pie leaves they lightened up considerably and no longer matched the Pumpkin Pie cardstock. You see, there is no such thing as a mistake in stamping...only another creative opportunity.

Hope you enjoyed today's card. Thanks for visiting. See you soon.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

So pretty! Love your background and the shimmery leaves!