Friday, November 6, 2009

Patterned Pines

This is another card for one of my senior classes in November. I used the beautiful trees from the Patterned Pines Level 1 Hostess set. The trees were colored with Always Artichoke and Real Red inks using Stampin' Spots. I love these little one inch cubes when I'm using more than one color on a stamped image. The smaller ink pad allows me more control on where the color goes. They are the happy medium between regular ink pads and the Stampin' Write Markers. I particularly like the Stampin' Spots for when I go to a stamping or scrapbooking event and don't want to take all my ink pads with me. I can carry all 48 spots with me in a very small container so I always have the color I want to use at my fingertips.

Back to the card--I used Always Artichoke for my card base and paired it with a Basic Grey Christmas Tree cardstock which matches beautifully. A little white grosgrain ribbon and some rhinestone stars atop the trees complete the look.

As always, thanks for visiting.

No comments: