Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Good Cheer Victorian Santa

Last month I was involved in a Stampin' Up! event with 7 other demos. Each demo designed a Christmas card and every attendee went from table to table to make their cards. Each demo used a different stamp set and you all know that everyone has their own special style so the attendees really got a variety of Christmas cards to add to their stash. From the favorable responses we got I know we will be doing this again.

Today's share is the card I designed for that event. I used Good Cheer and the sentiment from Bells & Boughs. The cardstock is Real Red, Soft Suede and Whisper White. I also used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Large Oval Punch, Extra-Large Scallop Oval Punch, a Sizzix Texturz Plate and Chunky red glitter.

The only thing I wish I would have done differently is color the image with Watercolor Pencils rather than Watercolor Wonder Crayons. The crayons are still not available and some of the event attendees were unhappy about that because they really enjoyed using them and wanted to buy them. Needless to say, I have a list of those people and plan to contact them as soon as Stampin' Up! lets us know they are available again.

Thanks for coming back to visit.

No comments: